International and European Studies
Furness Academy is currently a partner in six Erasmus+ projects. These projects are:
- 3D Printing for Kids- Developing the use of 3D printers in the curriculum
- SWITCH- Encouraging students to choose healthy lifestyles
- eDUCATE- Using drama to learn European Values
- EuJoMa- Researching the European Job Market
- Splendour of Nature- Learning about our environment and the impact we have
- Different Roots- Recognising the importance of Cultural Heritage
Our partners in these projects are spread out across Europe, from Spain and Portugal to Greece and Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Macedonia, Germany, France and many more.
We are currently in the process of writing bids for more projects to be submitted in March, with a hope to starting these the following September.
German Exchange Programme
Furness Academy is a proud member of a German exchange programme, welcoming students and staff to our school from Germany and reciprocating with visits to our partner school in Rodgau.
In September 2019, we hosted our first ever German exchange visit and in February 2020, we will make a return visit with our students.