Please see details below of the current vacancies at Furness Academy. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a happy, enthusiastic and inspiring people to join our team.
- A ‘state of the art’ medium sized 11-16 mixed comprehensive Academy with approximately 875 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
- An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
- An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and with a strong foundation of moral purpose;
- An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching, care and holistic school experience.
We will offer you:
- A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
- Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
- A fully established CPD programme.
- The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
- The free use of our on-site gym, a cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme and other employee discounts.
Please click on the links below to access the details of our current vacancies.
Required for September 2019
Furness Academy are looking to appoint a highly motivated and efficient Administration Officer. We are looking to recruit a flexible, enthusiastic person to deliver a high standard of administration support across a broad range of duties.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 28th June 2019
Shortlisting: 28th June 2019
Interviews: 5th July 2019
Required for 2019 / 2020 Academic year
Job Reference Code: FA17/3004
Salary range: NJC 1 £9.00 per hour
Due to an increase in student numbers Furness Academy are looking for to recruit exam invigilators to join our existing friendly and committed team. The main external examination season runs through May and June, with other exams and assessments held periodically throughout the year from November to July. You must be punctual, have a flexible attitude to work, be able to demonstrate an attention to detail and possess good communication skills.
Closing date: 12pm Monday 1st July 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 2nd July 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 9th July 2019
General Catering Assistant
Salary range: NJC 2 (£9.18 per hour)
12.5 hours per week Mon – Fri, within the hours of 10:30am and 2:30pm
Term time only + 2 weeks
Job Reference Code: FA15/1903
Furness Academy are recruiting for a General Catering Assistant. This role will be based predominantly at Furness Academy however there will be a requirement to be flexible and able to travel to the other schools who we provide a catering service for.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 21st June
Shortlisting: Friday 21st June
Interviews: Afternoon of Friday 28th June
2019 Results Day 04-Sep-2019
Furness Academy GCSE results 2019 Students at Furness Academy have enjoyed significant successes at GCSE in 2019.Read In Full