Please see details below of the current vacancies at Furness Academy. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Resource Centre Assistant
Required February 2018 - Part time, permanent post, term time only
17.5 hours per week (10:30am – 2:00pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary range: NJC 14 (£16,781)
(Pro rata £6,585)
Furness Academy is looking to appoint an innovative and creative Learning Resource Centre Assistant to lead the development of the facility with energy and enthusiasm whilst responding to the needs of the students. Candidates with previous experience or those with exceptional organisational and communication skills are highly desirable.
- Create and implement an operating policy in line with Academy objectives.
- Deliver excellent customer service and support to students and staff who use our facility, assisting them with enquiries and with their use of our facilities, equipment and IT.
- Run the administration.
- Provide support to students and staff to enable the centre to be accessed as required.
- Support students and assist them in developing a love of books and interest in reading.
- Encourage student’s independence and responsibility for selecting and replacing books.
- Develop the learning resource centre as an attractive browsing and learning area, creating displays of student’s work and artefacts.
- Develop and maintain well-organised systems and resources.
- Be committed to adapting the support you offer to suit the specific needs of each user making them feel welcome, valued and enabled to fully exploit the resources on offer for their research, learning and creative needs in line with the Academy curriculum.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon 23rd January
Shortlisting: 24th January
Interviews: 2nd February 2018
Please find more information in the links below:
Train to be a Teacher of Maths
Salary range: £20,000 Salary plus £5000 PGCE Training Paid
Teacher Training in Partnership with The Heath TSA and Liverpool John Moores University
Click here for more information
International School Award 16-Jan-2018
Furrness Academy has been awarded foundation level of the British Council’s prestigious International School Award in recognition of its work to bring the world into the classroom.Read In Full