Please see details below of the current vacancies at Furness Academy. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a happy, enthusiastic and inspiring people to join our team.
- A ‘state of the art’ medium sized 11-16 mixed comprehensive Academy with approximately 875 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
- An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
- An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and with a strong foundation of moral purpose;
- An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching, care and holistic school experience.
We will offer you:
- A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
- Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
- A fully established CPD programme.
- The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
- The free use of our on-site gym, a cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme and other employee discounts.
Please click on the links below to access the details of our current vacancies.
Primary School Cook
Job Reference Code: FET /1211
Salary: NJC 3 £9.36 per hour
Part time (17.5 hours per week) permanent
Furness Education Trust is looking for a Primary School Cook to join an established and hardworking catering team. This role will be based predominantly at Yarlside Academy, however there will be a requirement to be flexible and able to travel to the other schools within our Trust.
- Provide nutritious meals to our pupils in line with government guidelines and legislation.
- Prepare and cook meals for our primary schools.
- Comply with current food safety legislation.
- Monitor and manage stock supplies.
Closing date for applications: 12pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019
Shortlisting: Thursday 28th November 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 4th December 2019
Job Reference Code: FET 11/1211
Salary: NJC 2 £9.18 per hour
Part time (5 hours per week), term time only Mon - Fri 12:00pm – 1pm
Furness Education Trust is looking for a Midday Supervisor to oversee the smooth-running of activities and the well-being of all students during lunchtime. This role will be based predominantly at Yarlside Academy however there will be a requirement to be flexible and able to travel to the other schools within our Trust.
- Supervise students in the school hall, playground and other parts of the Academy.
- Assist SEN students with a variety of tasks.
- Clean up spillages.
- Help to clear away food and stack tables and chairs after students have left the dining hall.
- Ensure pupils keep out of areas which are out of bounds.
- Deal with any incidents of misbehaviour and report any problems which you are unable to resolve.
- Tend to students who are sick or injured, ensuring they receive appropriate medical attention and report serious accidents.
Please note we only accept CVs with a fully completed application form
Previous applicants need not apply
Closing date for applications: 12pm on Friday 29th November 2019
Shortlisting: Monday 2nd December 2019
Interviews: Friday 6th December 2019